What Are the Best Ways to Take Medical Cannabis?
Presumably, you clicked on this page because you want to know the best ways to take medical cannabis. You’re in luck, there are a lot of ways to take medical cannabis, and we’re here to help you find the best one for you.
The effectiveness of medical cannabis depends on the method in which you take it. Different types of cannabis can also affect people differently, depending on the person. The various ways for taking medical cannabis include oils, topical creams, edibles, smoking, and vaping. Oh my.
Take a little drop of a THC tincture, drip it onto your tongue, and you’re good for the day. Kick your feet up; job well done.
It can take between half an hour to 2 hours to begin feeling the effects of the tincture. The peak of its’ effectiveness lies between 1-6 hours. It can be consumed with food or absorbed underneath the tongue.
You can find Edibles n a variety of different forms. This method can yield effects that last longer than other options. Just as each person’s body reacts differently to medications, they can also respond differently to edibles. Consumers should consult the medical marijuana dosage in their edibles before ingesting. Also, good rule of thumb: the first edible you took definitely worked; give it more time before you take a second one.
Topical creams provide a method for administering medical marijuana through the skin instead of oral consumption or inhalation. This method allows users to receive its medicinal effects through topical application. Once these products are absorbed in the skin, they can rejuvenate the specific areas where applied. Options for topical creams containing medical marijuana include oils, balms, and lotions.
Smokable cannabis is the classic option, and the classics are classic for a reason. While this method can produce the desired effects quickly (within 90 seconds and peaking between 3-10 minutes), this process has the potential to be less healthy due to the bronchial irritants and carcinogens of smoke during the ingestion process. In additional to flower, you can also find a nice concentrate.
- When Inhaling medicinal marijuana, one can expect an onset of effects within 90 seconds and a peak between 3 to 10 minutes.
- Effects should fade away after 3 hours.
- Inhaling has a benefit of being easier to titrate, but can have similar carcinogens and bronchial irritants as cigarette smoking.
- On the other hand, taking in medicinal marijuana Orally takes 90 minutes for the onset and peaks between 1 to 6 hours.
- The half-life of this method falls between 20 to 30 hours. Because of low and erratic GI bioavailability.
- 50% of the THC is metabolized before entering a systemic circulation.
- Start low and go slow.