Getting your medical marijuana card in Oklahoma is easier than ever.
Medicinal marijuana is now legal in a majority of US states, including Oklahoma. Methods and requirements to get your medical marijuana card may differ slightly from state to state, but the general process stays the same. In Oklahoma, the standard fee for a medical marijuana card is $100—this fee varies in other parts of the country. For specifics on getting a medical marijuana card in your state, check out our Laws page.
The general process for getting a medical marijuana card.
Getting your medical marijuana card involves a few critical steps:
- Learn Your State’s Regulation and Restriction Laws
- Know the rules and regulations of your state for approval of a medical marijuana card. Every state is different and has different approval processes. Do your research and know your state’s process. Check out our Laws page for help.
- Gather Your Medical Records
- Most states will require previous medical records, as well as a list of any disabilities, illnesses, or injuries that medical marijuana would alleviate.
- Show Proof of Residency
- Bringing a driver’s license or a passport to the doctor should satisfy this requirement.
- Physicians may recommend medical marijuana for a variety of conditions:
- Chronic or Severe Pain
- Crohn’s Disease
- Epilepsy and other seizure disorders
- Muscle Spasms
- Neuropathic Pain Disorders
- Severe Nausea
- Any Terminal Illness
- Wasting Syndrome
- Apply For Your Card
- In most cases, you can request to have your doctor complete and sign a recommendation form. After this is completed and you’ve filled out your application, you submit your materials for approval.
- Fees for applications vary between states.